Last weekend I went to a shooting competition. I shot my AR pistol and loved it. But was it useful? Can I learn to be better at self defense while shooting at competitions?
This podcast we talk about those questions as well as:
Should You Use Competition for Training?
- You Get to Test your Gear
- Test Yourself
- Learn to Shoot Faster
- Learn to Shoot Better
- Learn to Run Your Gun Better
- Downside: No Tactics
What You Can Learn
- Humble Pie
- Does Your Gear Work
- What Other Gear is Out There
- Different Styles/Thought of Fighting
- What Can go Wrong
How to Learn at a Competition
- Talk to People
- Be Clear on What You Want to Learn
- Push Yourself
- Focus in What You Want to do; not Winning
- Have Someone Video You
- Did You Do What you Thought you Would
- Critic Yourself Right After and on Video
- Ask for Critics from other Shooters
- Create Rituals for Your Loading and Equipment Placement
- Nov 8, 2014 Pistol Fighting Dynamics in Dallas TX
- Dec 6, 1014 Pistol Low Light in San Antonio TX
- ShootersClubMembers.com Is the membership-training site that helps support this show. Members get extra audio and video content found nowhere else. The videos are all shooting how to about defending yourself with a gun. The audio has great interviews with giants in the self defense industry. All of it is stuff you will find only find here.
Thanks for checking out my Podcast. Please consider subscribing to my just my Pod cast RSS, or my entire Blog RSS by clicking the links. Get my podcast on iTunes, or Digital Podcast and now on Stitcher Radio.