Podcast 176 – 3 Phases of Trigger Control
Podcast: Play in new window
Click Here Get Notes by EmailToday:
Click to download from iTunes
Trigger Control is the one thing everyone struggles with constantly. This podcast is all about doing it better. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, this podcast will help you be a better shooter.
- Upcoming Courses
- Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network – Sign up here with the code word “Paul” and help me out. This is something you need – Go check it out.
- Concealment Solutions Holsters – Get a discount here by using the code “SDRN” at checkout
- Got Ammo? Need it? Go to Lucky Gunner. When I need ammo, it’s where I go. Check it out. Great prices and a really easy site to use.
- Get Better for only a couple bucks a month
- Over 60 pieces of content to train you to be better.
- Free Video on the front page
- Discounts to courses and holsters
- Go Check it out
- Straight to the rear without disturbing the sight picture
- Dry Practice; Wall Drill
- Tennis/Racquetball strength exercise
- We are all monkeys using our entire hand to do everything
- Learn to use one finger at a time while the others are holding tension
- Running the gun at reset
- Learn where reset is
- Dry practice at reset
- Hard with multiple guns
- Use only pressure that is necessary to break the trigger
- Only use the pressure necessary
- Use the dry wall drill again
- Be able to sweep through the trigger without moving the sights from start to finish
- Then once you can do that out of the trigger to the reset point instantly
Timer to Test Yourself
- Timers I use and Want
- Distances and Thoughts
- Point Blank: 3 yards and in – Hits on target and how fast can you go
- Short Distances: 3-7 Yards – Cadence becomes what’s important to make hits
- Intermediate Distances: 7-20 Yards – Front sight focus or seeing th sights where they need to be
- Long Distances: 20-100 Yards – I still use interrupted trigger control. I want to be able to sweep through the trigger
- Extreme Distances: 100-300 Yards – Need reset and master the bigginner trigger
Thanks for listening, don’t forget to check out the Shooter’s Club, and if you need ammo check out Lucky Gunner.
Thanks for checking out my Podcast. Please consider subscribing to my just my Podcast RSS, or my entire Blog RSS by clicking the links. Get my podcast on iTunes, Digital Podcast and now on Stitcher Radio. Get the podcast by email, click here.