Podcast 166 Shield, R51, and Timberwolf Gun Review
Podcast: Play in new window
Click Here Get Notes by EmailToday:
Click to download from iTunes
Gun Reviews: The Smith & Wesson Shield, Remington’s Latest R51, and Lone Wolf Distributors’ Timberwolf Compact Frame. I talk for about 15 minutes about each’s good parts, fit feel, and what they would be best used for. Not technically data, but actually information you could use to see if one of these guns is right for you to use in your self defense.
- Sep 17, 2017 Beyond Concealed Carry Advanced in San Antonio, TX
- Got Ammo? Need it? Go to Lucky Gunner. When I need ammo, it’s where I go. Check it out. Great prices and a really easy site to use.
- Get Better for only a couple bucks a month
- Over 60 pieces of content to train you to be better.
- Free Video on the front page
- Discounts to courses and holsters
- Go Check it out
Review of the Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm
Review of the Remington R51
- Was going to buy and then didn’t
- Weird Grip Safety
- Crappy Trigger
- Unusual slide operation that let the gun lock half way open a bunch
- Crappier reset on the trigger (even worst then firing the gun)
- I’m not sure they really fixed the thing
- Holsters Mentioned
Review of the Lone Wolf Distributors Timberwolf Compact Frame
- Doesn’t switch straight over from a Glock Gen 3 like I’d believed. You have to read the fine print on their sight
- Love the grip angle
- Love the beaver tail on the gun 1911 style
- Like the fit and finish
- Don’t like the finger grooves (wish they had gotten rid of those all together)
- Don’t like the undercut on the trigger guard. I still get Glock knuckle with the thing
Thanks for listening, don’t forget to check out the Shooter’s Club, and if you need ammo check out Lucky Gunner.
Thanks for checking out my Podcast. Please consider subscribing to my just my Podcast RSS, or my entire Blog RSS by clicking the links. Get my podcast on iTunes, Digital Podcast and now on Stitcher Radio. Get the podcast by email, click here.