Podcast 72 Testing You
Podcast: Play in new window
Click to download from iTunes
In this episode we talk about how terrorist use probing and distracting attacks on their targets to kill more people and what we can do about it. We also talk about how common criminals do the same thing and what you can do about it.
- Small Attacks to See what will happen
- There may be a second attack happening right after the first
What To Do:
- Figure it out before it starts, what to look for
- Don’t be afraid to leave
- Caught in the middle
- Don’t get herded like lambs to the slaughter
- Avoid Funnels and Large Crowds
- Once people start being rounded up, it’s the end, FIGHT!
- Get Caught, fight
- Death Faster?
Security Professional Side of False Alarms
- Give practice when you think it’s real
- Put stress and make you act
- After action can save you later
- People can really get hurt during crowd surges
- Show what will be done in the event of x (now you need to change it)
- Lots of paper work and meetings
- Re-Writing policies
Interview Process/Size Up
- How close can they get to you?
- Can you be distracted?
- What’s your voice like?
- How’s your body language?
- What can they get from you?
- What are your week points?
How to know if you are being probed/sized up
- Escalation of Force:
- Watch as other go through the force continuum
- Cops being challenged
- Store clerks telling someone that can’t go in there
- Continuous questioning
Be Prepared to Act
- Defend, Reinforce, Attack, Withdraw, Delay
- What equipment do you carry?
- Weapons, Flashlights, Mulit Tool, Knife, Phone, Maps, Long Guns, Body Armor
- November 16, 2013 Pistol Fighting Dynamics Low Light in San Antonio TX
- December 7, 2013 Pistol Fighting Dynamics; Team Work in San Antonio TX
- December 8, 2013 Rifle Fighting Dynamics; Team Work in San Antonio TX
- Sign up for both days and get a discount!
ShootersClubMembers.com Is the membership-training site that helps support this show. Members get extra audio and video content found nowhere else. The videos are all shooting how to about defending yourself with a gun. The audio has great interviews with giants in the self defense industry. All of it is stuff you will find only find here.
Thanks for checking out my Podcast. Please consider subscribing to my just my Pod cast RSS, or my entire Blog RSS by clicking the links. Get my podcast on iTunes, or Digital Podcast and now on Stitcher Radio.
There was an issue loading your timed LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.
There was an issue loading your exit LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.