Risk versus Reward is something we should all think about anytime we do something. This includes training, carrying self defense weapons, and putting yourself places you shouldn’t be.
In this episode we discuss risk versus reward in firearms training, self defense training, what we carry for self defense and if we should us our self defense skills. It’s a lot to think about.
Here is something to think about; every time we do anything there is a risk. Lots of things are more risky then others. Lots of things have a greater return. The trick is to find the balance. Drawing and holstering a loaded handgun are probably the time more accidents happen then any other. Why do we train for drawing and holstering a live gun? Because it’s the one thing we know we will do. And drawing maybe the single most important skill when it comes to saving your life, so we practice.
Listen to the podcast for the rest of the discussion.
- August 10, 2013 Rifle Fighting Dynamics in San Antonio, TX
- August 24, 2013 Pistol Fighting Dynamics in Dallas, TX
- September 14-15, 2013 Advanced Beyond Concealed Carry in San Antonio, TX
- October 5, 2013 Beyond Concealed Carry in Brownsville TX
- ShootersClubMembers.com Is the membership-training site that helps support this show. Members get extra audio and video content found nowhere else. The videos are all shooting how to about defending yourself with a gun. The audio has great interviews with giants in the self defense industry. All of it is stuff you will find only find here.
Thanks for checking out my Podcast. Please consider subscribing to my just my Podcast RSS, or my entire Blog RSS by clicking the links. Get my podcast on iTunes, or Digital Podcast and now on Stitcher Radio.