Do you take extra steps when you travel to stay safe? When you are traveling is the easiest time to have things stolen. Hotel rooms feel safe with there 5 locks on the door, but really aren’t. Here are a couple quick tips for keeping your stuff yours at a hotel.
- Park your vehicle in a well lit area, preferably where you can see it.
- Lock your car doors and take everything inside with you. Don’t leave anything visible in your car. I mean anything! Make it look like your car is empty of everything.
- Bring a coupe things extra with you to your hotel; a mini alarm to put on the door, a door wedge, and a flashlight . Put the alarm on the door, wedge under the door as a lock, and the flashlight on the nightstand next to you.
- Keep your pants and shirt near the bed with all your normal stuff in the pockets. Car keys, wallet, money, and anything else you may need in a hurry. Ladies, place your purse somewhere you can’t miss it, like on top of your close. Also have enough close to go outside if it’s cold. Just incase of an emergency you don’t want to run out of the hotel without close on or your car keys.
- When you leave for the day, take anything valuable with you and leave the TV on so people think there is someone inside the room.
- Get a room below the 8th floor. That is how far fire truck ladders can reach. And that is about as far as I want to run down stairs if the elevator is not working. In smaller hotels I like the second floor. I can still jump if I need to, but it’s hard for someone to break into the window.
- Only stay in hotels that are in good areas. If you get to your hotel and it looks creepy, go to another hotel.