Podcast 204 Extreme CQB for the CHL Holder
Podcast: Play in new window
Click Here Get Notes by Email
Click to download from iTunes
Today: Extreme CQB (Close Quarters Battle) is not something to take lightly. It is one of the worst fights you could ever get into. Having someone holding you that is trying to kill you is more then frightening, it can paralyze you with fear. You only have a moment to act. What should you do?
I’d love to tell you; do this technique and you’ll win every time. The reality is that if you are in an Extreme CQB fight you are way behind. There is no really good technique for such and up close, fast, and furious battle. You just have to win.
In this podcast I’ll give you some ideas of techniques to try and how to train them.
The reality is your mindset to win the fight and survive against all odds will help you more then any technique out there. Once you have the mindset and add some of the techniques mentioned here, you are on the way to being a good fighter. Now go out practice, get some training, and practice some more.
- Got Ammo? Need it? Go to Lucky Gunner. When I need ammo, it’s where I go. Check it out. Great prices and a really easy site to use.
- Get Better for only a couple bucks a month
- Over 60 pieces of content to train you to be better.
- Free Video on the front page
- Discounts to courses and holsters
- Newest Interview gives you all the information you need to know about Pelvic Shots: Do they work? Should you use them?
- Sign Up Here!
Extreme CQB Defined: A fight for your life within touching distance or closer.
Gun as the Answer:
- Not always
- Must Create Space
- Control the other Person
- Shooting Angles
- Cross Body Shots
Unusual Shooting techniques
- You have to get into one
- Close your Eyes
- Know where the gun is pointed
- Get that Cross Body Shot
- Hold the Slide Closed if you have to
- All will probably cause a malfunction
- What can you Tap/Rack off of?
- Don’t have much time to think
Thoughts on Extreme CQB Techniques
- Break contact and create space
- Use your elbow up across your body to create a bridge (Triangle)
- Use the head to move someone
- Tactical Patience
Gun Isn’t Always the Answer
- Learn how to strike
- With hands, elbows, knees, feet
- Learn how to Grapple
- Using a knife
- Using pepper spray
Thanks for listening, don’t forget to check out the Shooter’s Club, and if you need ammo check out Lucky Gunner.