Podcast 169 Interview with Pretty Loaded on Self Defense Awareness
Podcast: Play in new window
Click Here Get Notes by EmailToday:
Click to download from iTunes
Beth from Pretty Loaded.org is on today with me. She is a wife and mother that has had a couple bad things happen to her in life and wants to make sure those same things don’t happen to others. She is dedicated to learning and teaching the awareness part of self defense and I have her on to talk all about it.
- Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network – Sign with the code word “Paul” and help me out. This is something you need – Go check it out.
- Got Ammo? Need it? Go to Lucky Gunner. When I need ammo, it’s where I go. Check it out. Great prices and a really easy site to use.
- Get Better for only a couple bucks a month
- Over 60 pieces of content to train you to be better.
- Free Video on the front page
- Discounts to courses and holsters
- Go Check it out
Average Police response time across the country 15-20 min: you are on your own until then
Jeff Cooper’s Color Codes
Book: Left of Bang by Jason Riley and Shawn Coyne
Attracting Assault: Victim’s Nonverbal Cues by Betty Grayson and Morris I. Stein (The Grayson and Stein Study)
- On Picking a Target
- Slow walkers where part of the selection process: Walk Faster!
Ted Bundy was afraid of Strong Eye Contact
- Long Stares
- Gavin de Becker book, The Gift of Fear
- Universal Stop Sigh
- What point does the attack begin
- Can they get close enough to you
- Questions: Don’t answer them
- Use your intuition
- When people get scared, they are still more afraid to hurt someone’s feeling: If you are afraid of someone, now is not the time to be nice
- Look at the contrasting Options: The good vs bad guy and what they can or might do to you
Take up hand-to-hand self defense
Why some people don’t fight back
Teach your children
MRI on violent criminals and what’s missing
Solution to crime and violence: Get everyone to learn to protect themselves
How to Practice Awareness
- Notice Everyone
- What they are looking at
- Look for exits
- What they are wearing
- Look for things and people that don’t belong
Real World Survival Book by Wault Rauch
How to get women involved
- 66% of women will be assaulted in the life
- Basic Tips
- What to do
- What not to do
- No one will help you or can
- Basic skill to protect
- Owes it to their family to keep themselves safe
Beth’s Video Training
Thanks for listening, don’t forget to check out the Shooter’s Club, and if you need ammo check out Lucky Gunner.
Thanks for checking out my Podcast. Please consider subscribing to my just my Podcast RSS, or my entire Blog RSS by clicking the links. Get my podcast on iTunes, Digital Podcast and now on Stitcher Radio. Get the podcast by email, click here.