Podcast 167 Detained by a Security Guard
Podcast: Play in new window
Click Here Get Notes by EmailToday:
Click to download from iTunes
Detained by a Security Guard, you didn’t do anything wrong, but what should you do? What can you do? What if you are carrying a weapon? Done right, it’s an inconvenience, done really badly and it could get you killed. Most of us don’t think about it because we don’t break the law. With a little thought and planning your experience will just be mildly annoying.
- Sep 17, 2017 Beyond Concealed Carry Advanced in San Antonio, TX
- Got Ammo? Need it? Go to Lucky Gunner. When I need ammo, it’s where I go. Check it out. Great prices and a really easy site to use.
- Get Better for only a couple bucks a month
- Over 60 pieces of content to train you to be better.
- Free Video on the front page
- Discounts to courses and holsters
- Go Check it out
Avoidance if possible
What to Do
- Stay Calm (always)
- Work on de-escalating the situation
- Showing some Respect goes a long way
What could go wrong
Who’s the Victim
- The Store? The Security Guard, You?
- Who Looks like the victim?
- Who looks like the good guy?
What if you are armed?
- Don’t tell them if at all possible (unless local law requires it)
- Probably don’t want to give them your weapon if they find out
What if someone tries to hurt you
- Hands on is okay, as long as they don’t try to hurt your
- Control Techniques
- Don’t Stop/Look back, just keep going
- Don’t make them touch you to stop
- Obey Commands if you can’t just leave
- If they touch you, let them guide you… Not hurt you
- Once they touch you, call 911
- Ask for help from people around you: Yell for help
- Then Don’t be an Ass
- Talk in the open, get a police officer there
- When you have to, let the police officer know you are armed by showing you ID and CHL
Thanks for listening, don’t forget to check out the Shooter’s Club, and if you need ammo check out Lucky Gunner.