Podcast 106 Own the Night
Podcast: Play in new window
Click to download from iTunes
We spend more then half our time in life in limited, low light, or no light, yet we don’t practice in it and don’t know how to work in it. Most of us just turn a light on and get rid of the dark. But how can you fight in the dark? What’s the basics? What’s the advantages and disadvantages of the night? Why do most two-legged predators hunt at night? This podcast is all about using the night and learning how to fight in it. Make it your preferred fighting environment, learn how, and then practice, practice, practice.
Thinks you learn the hard way:
- You don’t need night sights to make hits with a gun at night.
- You need a flashlight even if you have night sights on your gun.
- Red dots washout in the darkness when light is applied.
- Muzzle flashes are blinding for both the shooter and target.
- There is no one technique for all night shooting.
- Every time the light changes requires a different tactic.
Things you should know:
- Using the light correctly allows you an unfair advantage.
- Using the light poorly gives away your position.
- Embrace the darkness, don’t fight it.
Things you should do:
- Practice using a light in the day and in then in the night.
- Have a light in your hand at night.
- Fire yourself defense ammo at night.
- Practice moving at night.
How to see in the dark:
- Use night vision (if you can).
- Cones and rods in your eyes work different at night.
- Except black-and-white, don’t worry about colors.
- Look for different shades of black to see different objects.
- Don’t look directly at something for too long, keep your eyes scanning.
- It takes a long time to acquire night vision.
- Practice, Practice, Practice… Even at home when you go to bed. Just go without the lights on.
- Nov 8, 2014 Pistol Fighting Dynamics in Dallas TX
- Dec 6, 1014 Pistol Low Light in San Antonio TX
- May 16-17, 2015 Beyond Concealed Carry Enhanced in Sioux Fass, SD
- ShootersClubMembers.com Is the membership-training site that helps support this show. Members get extra audio and video content found nowhere else. The videos are all shooting how to about defending yourself with a gun. The audio has great interviews with giants in the self defense industry. All of it is stuff you will find only find here.
Thanks for checking out my Podcast. Please consider subscribing to my just my Pod cast RSS, or my entire Blog RSS by clicking the links. Get my podcast on iTunes, or Digital Podcast and now on Stitcher Radio.
There was an issue loading your timed LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.
There was an issue loading your exit LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.