Podcast 17 Prepping for a Class
Podcast: Play in new window
Click to download from iTunes
What’s Going On
Questions I always get
- What Should I bring?
- Check the Gear List
- Should I practice before?
- Only if you have to pass a qualification to start
- Do I need to do anything special before?
Gear you want to learn with towards your goals
- I’m going to an entry level class
- Want to get better at my concealed carry draw
- Want to be a better teacher
- To be outside all day with little to no breaks
- To be on your feet all day
- To be exhausted at the end of the day
Extra Things I do
- Just got a new gun, make sure it works with ammo before class
- Rest the day before
- Set up “Do not disturb” emails and phone messages
- Get Sleep
Extra Gear to Have
- Double up on everything if you can
- Mag Pouches
- Gear List
- Extra Clothing
- Including Boots/Shoes
Nice to Have/Stuff I Bring
- Extra Ammo
- Double the amount of water you think you need
- Healthy/Big Lunch
- Folding Chair to sit on
- Dump pouch/small bag to hold one or 2 boxes of ammo
- Different sets of glasses and different types of hearing pro
- Hand Sanitizer
The Biggest thing To Bring
- Open Mind
- Good sense of humor
- Learn the Techniques being taught
- Ask Questions if you don’t understand
After the Class
- Take advantage of anything going on
- Spend Time with other students and the instructors
- Write down any notes you can remember
- Practice the stuff when you get a chance, even if just dry
- Actively work to break any bad habits that where pointed out
Last, but not least, Have Fun!
Thanks for checking out my Podcast. Please consider subscribing to my just my Podcast RSS, or my entire Blog RSS by clicking the links, or get my podcast on iTunes, Zune, or Digital Podcast.
There was an issue loading your timed LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.
There was an issue loading your exit LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.